An excellent shengReview by swapilot (from Steepster)
- This is my first Tea Urchin tea and it lives up to its name. Eugene nails this one on the head: “Our 2013 Spring Bulang blend has all the hallmark bitterness of Bulang kucha, but with a complex mid-range and a delectable sweet top note & huigan.” The soup is a beautiful light gold and to me has a beautiful smell of butter. The taste is perfectly balanced between sweetness and bitterness. My favorite part of this tea is how it’s energy keeps the taste buds alive long after I am done drinking it. This is an excellent Sheng and if you love Shengs you really need to give this tea a lot of consideration. Well done Eugene and Belle!!!!!!! (Posted on 7/27/14)
Nice looking leavesReview by JN
- Nice looking leaves. Sweet sugar cane flavor is readily accessible. Almost a sweet stewed carrot flavor. Wet mouth. A bit of energy in the head. Still young but should develop. (Posted on 10/24/13)
I like itReview by Serg
- This blend is really good! The taste is complex and there is nice pleasant bitterness in it which I like in young sheng. As for Tea Urchin's 2013 bu lang teas, I liked Ban Pen most of all (and it's more expensive) and this blend is the second best for me. (Posted on 9/25/13)
Fantastic tea!Review by Lionel Quere
- I immediately fell in love with the Bulang Beauty ! So I bought 2 cakes of this. I am drinking it when writing these words...There would be so much to say about this fantastic tea ! I had been looking for a real strong and bitter young sheng for months, now I can say I found it ! I must say you have done a great job on this tea, the blend of the leaves is very good. The 2 components of the tea are very pleasant : sweetness and strength/bitterness. I like to "play" with this tea, I mean change the parameters and see what it produces, very sweet, very strong. Thank you very much for this very special tea, and congratulations to Elaine for the wonderful wrapper ! (Posted on 9/22/13)
The bitterness I adoreReview by Lionel
I have been looking for strong and bitter young sheng for a while. Now that I have found this Bulang Beauty I know I found it !
As Eugene writes, this tea perfectly blends sweetness and bitterness, even if this seems contradictory...
Changing the parameters of the infusion (amount of leaves, steeping times), you can have a very strong cup, which lasts forever in the mouth, or a sweet and candy-like cup...
Needless to say that the wrapper is really wonderful !
Thank you Eugene, Belle and Elaine. (Posted on 9/3/13)
Top-Shelf Blend...Review by DP
Honestly, it is difficult to pick a favorite out of the Tea Urchin's '13 Spring teas, but if I had to pick this cake would be up there. It is a perfect blend. This is what blends are supposed to do. Changing throughout the infusions, building like a story, and then settling down while leaving a smile on your face.
The wrapper is beautiful. I really love the special edition cakes that Eugene does with his sister. This is another cake that deserves that extra attention.
Top rate tea bundled in a work of art. Wonderful.
-DP (Posted on 8/30/13)
Great JobReview by Thaneadpol Burapaskul
- You did a great job on this tea. It is not far from Lao Ban Zhang at all for the smell and flavor but with a notch lower huigan intensity. Very pleasing. (Posted on 7/30/13)